Unity3D, Node.js, React, React Native, MongoDB, ARKit, ARCore
PM, Designer, Backend developer, Frontend developer, Mobile developer, and QA engineer
An Augmented Look at Chornobyl Catastrophe
ChornobylApp is a mobile app with augmented reality (AR) that tells the true story behind the catastrophe and the current life in the 30-kilometer exclusion zone.
The Chornobyl catastrophe happened over 30 years ago in 1986, but its repercussions are felt even today. This project is aimed at telling the true story of the incident, debunking myths, and offering a way to visit the area from the safety of one’s home via a mobile app with augmented reality.
Our team has been working on this project in conjunction with the Ukrainian Cultural Foundation and a team of researchers and experts.
The app’s features
Ruining the myths and telling the real story behind this catastrophic event is the goal. The Chornobyl mobile app has the following features:
- AR content with unique activations and portals to different spots in Chornobyl that will allow you to explore replicas of either full locations or items from the places in 3D by placing them in your environment;
- Authentic tours in exclusion zone with audio-guide from witnesses of events;
- Radioactive pollution map;
- Media gallery with archive materials and exclusive content as well as personal stories of survivors and current cultural events.
- Guided routes for a virtual visit to the Exclusion Zone as well as instructions on how to get ready for real travel, including information on how to buy tickets online and choose professional guides.
Download the apps
Book a call with our experts
Feel free to drop us a message regarding your project – we’re eagerly looking forward to hearing from you!